Having been raised in Arizona, Laura L. Walker and her husband whom she met at Northern Arizona University think it's a great place to raise their six children. Laura and her family enjoy camping on beautiful Mt. Graham, reading, and learning history together. At the end of the day, Laura loves to curl up with a good book or write one of her own. The Matchup is her second novel.
Q&A With the Author:
1. What inspired your book?
The Matchup is the continuation of the Logan familyâs story from Pierced by Love but it can also be read on its own. I wanted to figure out why Gage, Pierceâs younger brother, struggled with his faith. And then I discovered the perfect match for him in Valerie and immediately knew that her struggle with single-handedly raising an autistic son needed to be told as well.
1. What kind of music do you listen to while you write?
My âmusicâ is either complete silence or my kidsâ favorite TV programs in the background.
Connect with the Author here:
The last thing Valerie wants is to work for Gage Logan. But Valerie's husband walked out on her and her children. Now she needs a job. Gage, on the other hand, has just taken custody of his four-year-old son and is swamped trying to balance his career, be a daddy, and fix past mistakes. Together they discover that when it comes to their faith and each other, it's all about second chances.
Author Top Ten List:
1. I am somewhat ambidextrous â I write, use utensils, and lead music with my left hand but use scissors, catch a softball, and bat with my right.
2. My favorite all-time movie is The Sound of Music. I watched it so many times as a child that my brothers now refuse to allow their wives to watch it.
3. I met my husband while planning an outing to the Grand Canyon. We talked like old friends for hours while hiking the upper rim. I immediately knew he was the guy for me!
4. I graduated from Northern Arizona University the day after we got married.
5. I like to sew quilts for my kids.
6. Iâm a fairly good cook, although I didnât acquire this particular skill until after I married. I make a mean oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.
7. Of my six children, only one looks like me and has my blue eyes. She also fits in the same birth order as I do with my siblings.
8. A year ago, my heartâs left ventricle was only working at 18% capacity. Now, itâs back to normal range (which is 60%). Doctors are calling me a miracle and I know theyâre right.
9. My favorite color is red.
10. I once found a baby Gila monster in my garage. Good thing it didnât stay!
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page